You would be truly amazed where our engineers can get a light to shine from! They have mounted AV equipment in difficult, unconventional and architecturally sensitive areas. They are also used to working in fixed timescales in and around your operations, whether its fast turn around, out of hours, or the solution can only be installed between this date and that date scenarios. We have in-house engineers and they are all CRB checked and always attend site in uniform so you can easily identify our teams.
As a full network infrastructure solutions house, we can provide complex networked AV solutions, from wireless projectors to SMART video conferencing solutions. We are also able to undertake highly customised installations with members of our engineering team having a background in “pimp my ride” style custom automotive AV installations. With Solutions House there no need for multiple subcontractors, as we can install your AV, Network, Wireless and Electrics all in one project. A full report containing implementation and testing documentation is submitted at the end of each installation.
Explore our products and services
Contact us about your Audio Visual needs and make the first of many connections with us:
Call 01928 515 600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have prepared checklist of the things to consider when choosing a SMART board product. There are a number of different SMART offerings, and it has just expanded again with the SBD600 series, so if you need a bit of guidance on what to consider please gather your answers to the questions below and get in touch:
Have you already thought about what size SMART board or board options you would like? Do you know which series you wish to go for; 600, 600i, 685ix or the new SBD600 series? We will also take into account the bundle deals currently offered by SMART to make sure you get the most you can for your budget.
What is the SMART board being used for, meetings, training, display or collaborative working and video conferencing…? What level of interactivity do you want to take place at the board?
- Does the SMART board need to be portable, or is it being permanently installed? It is possible to get both portable mounts and temporary/free standing mounts.
- Is it a large space, or a compact space in need of a short throw projector?
- Is it a dimly lit room or does it have plenty of windows and light? This will effect the kind of projector you need.
- Do you have suspended ceilings or cable management in the walls and floor?
- The 600i Series has an integrated projector so there is no need to have a separate projector in the ceiling? This can be ideal if you have unusually high ceiling or lots of girders etc? It’s also ideal for less physically able users or nurseries, as you can have a height adjustable board (50cm up/down) so it can be lowered down to accommodate.
The most common SMART board sizes are 47″, 64″ or 77″, however they do have an 85″ and 90″ which are 87″ and 94″ wide screen?
For the 600 series do you have a preferred Projector manufacturer? We recommend Epson for education users, as you get a special education lamp warranty included.
Do you require speakers?
Would you like us to quote installation, all our engineers are CRB checked and have lots of experience of installing all types of boards and AV solutions?
Would you like us to quote on electrics for any projectors that will be ceiling mounted?
If you have never used a SMART board then Solutions House would recommend a training package for half a day introduction to the Smart Notebook Software so that you get the full benefit from the board?
Do you have a laptop/pc to control the board via USB?
- Does the computer need to run any specialist software for your industry that will effect if specification; CAD, GIS…?
- Would you like the USB connection to the board to be Bluetooth wireless?
- SMART boards can come as a standalone solution where the PC is replaced by one of the SMART hub solutions. The PC functionality is integrated right into the board installation, and can run without intervention from IT.